If you watch Nebraska Volleyball, you’ve clearly seen Nicklin Hames. Keep reading to get an overview of the Nebraska’s star setter, and more details on her personal life such as Nicklin Hames boyfriend and parents, etc. Without further ado, let’s get to it.
View this post on Instagram
Born on January 18th, 2000, in California, Nicklin Hames, pronounced as “Hayms” calls Maryville, Tennessee as her hometown. She is one of the most decorated volleyball players to come out of the Knoxville area earning the Gatorade player of the year honors in 2017. She was the no. 4 overall prospect in the class of 2018 and the no. 1 setter in the class.
Nicklin graduated from Webb School in Knoxville, Tennessee. Webb School is a PreK-12 private school and is ranked as one of the top private schools in the state of Tennessee. Tuition at Webb School is $20,900 per year.
Nicklin was coached in high school by her mother, Christine Hames, and started for her high school from 8th grade until graduation. She ended up winning five state championships for Webb School, playing as a hitter and setter and was named MVP 4 out of the 5 years in the state tournament.
Nicklin comes from a volleyball family. Her parents run K2 Volleyball Club in Louisville, TN
Hames’ mother, Christine, was a college setter at Oregon State and played on the Australian national team. Hames’ dad, Jason, was a volunteer assistant coach at Tennessee is now a director and recruiting coordinator for the K2
Nicklin has 2 siblings – Kayleigh, is an outside hitter at Pepperdine University in Malibu, and her brother Elijah plays football and baseball at Maryville in Tennessee.
Nicklin is 21 years old right now. Her birthday is January 18th
Nicklin is 5’10” tall, which is the average height for a division-1 college setter.
Nicklin majors in pre-health at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
If you do an analysis on monthly web searches regarding Nicklin, you find some interesting searches.
|Google Search||Amount of time searched per month||Comment|
|Nicklin Hames eyelashes||20|
|Nicklin Hames fake eyelashes||10||BTW - we've found no evidence that Nicklin wears falsies!|
|Nicklin Hames twitter||20|
|Nicklin Hames boyfriend||10||As of now it is Husker Receiver, Chris Hickman|
Nicklin has been dating Husker wide receiver Chris Hickman for over a year.
Honors & Awards
• AVCA All-America Second Team (2020)
• All-Big Ten First Team (2019, 2020)
• AVCA All-North Region (2019, 2020)
• AVCA All-America Honorable Mention (2018, 2019)
• AVCA All-Region Honorable Mention (2018)
• All-Big Ten Freshman Team (2018)
• Big Ten Freshman of the Week (Sept. 24, 2018, Nov. 12, 2018)
• Minneapolis Regional All-Tournament Team (2018)
• Ameritas Players Challenge All-Tournament Team (2019)
• Husker Invitational All-Tournament Team (2018)
• Nebraska Outstanding Female Newcomer (All Sports, 2018-19)
• Academic All-Big Ten (2019, 2020)
• Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll (Fall 2018, 2020; Spring 2020)
• Tom Osborne Citizenship Team (2019, 2020, 2021)